Having amazing skin is not only about the products you apply on your face. Your skin also reflects what food you eat. You must know that making certain additions to your diet can help reduce the development of acne as well as inflammation while other food items can cause a severe breakout. Read more to find out the best foods for your skin.
Have acne and pimples? This means your body is not getting a balanced diet and is eliminating toxins and excess oil production in the sebaceous gland. The presence of excess oil on the skin’s surface causes dead skin cells to lump and leads to the formation of acne. Beautiful glowing skin is in the wish list of most of us, but then acne arises which can be demoralizing. According to several clinical studies, there are no documented causes of acne. However, it is believed that eating a traditional diet with no refined and processed food can help reduce the formation of acne. Of course, a stress-free lifestyle and a non-polluted environment play a significant role in preventing acne. You must know that diet is very important when it comes to managing healthy and flawless skin. Here are some foods to fight acne:
- Include omega 3- Aim to eat cold water fish at least two times a week. Add flax seeds and Chia seeds that contain a high amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. You can add these delicious seeds into your poha (Flattened rice ), salad, or you can simply blend them in your smoothie to provide a boost of omega 3 to your body.
- Eat nuts- Brazil nuts and pistachios contain vitamin E, which is known to improve the vitality of the skin. Some studies revealed the benefits of pistachios, how it affects the body by regulating insulin levels, which leads to a decrease in acne. On the other hand, Brazil nuts contain selenium, an antioxidant which decreases inflammation and improves acne.
- Fruits for flawless skin- Fruits such as bananas, apples, raspberries, and cherries are enriched with essential vitamins that are believed to have skin protecting properties. The fruits contain powerful antioxidants which have been shown to treat inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Avocados are also in the list skin care diet. They are enriched with vitamin E, fiber and monounsaturated oil, which helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels and hormones.
- Vegetables- Most leafy vegetables are really good for the skin. Vegetables such as broccoli, lettuce, chard, spinach, and kale are a high source of vitamins, iron, calcium, and These can make great additions to everyday meals.
- Whole grains- Whole grains like quinoa may reduce the development of acne as they are low on the glycemic index (GI) and is a good source of selenium. You can also include brown rice, which contains vitamin B, magnesium, protein, and powerful antioxidants.
- Reduce acne formation with zinc- Eat more food that contains zinc if you want to get rid of acne and pimples. Include pork, oatmeal, oysters, mushrooms, yogurt, chicken, beef, and tofu in your diet.
- Garlic- Another superfood that helps fight inflammation is garlic. It contains a naturally occurring chemical called allicin, which destroys harmful bacteria and viruses that your body might be fighting.
- Alfalfa sprouts- These sprouts are packed with valuable nutrients that has skin clearing benefits. They may look like grass but are extremely beneficial to maintaining good skin health. Alfalfa sprouts contain live enzymes, which are helpful in fighting inflammation.
- Fennel- Fennel is a perfect natural skin cleanser. Eating fennel can help improve digestion, and flush out excess fluids and toxins in your skin.
- Artichoke- A good source of antioxidants and vitamin, Artichoke is a fibrous green vegetable that helps to remove toxins from the body. It may be an excellent addition to a healthy skin diet.
These foods are great for clearing up acne problems, and you should be eating these if you would like to get rid of your stubborn pimples. However, you can also go for prescription treatment in case of severe acne problem. Buy best acne medication online to reduce the appearance of acne. Use the best product for healthy skin. Buy acne products online at affordable rates.