You had a really nice weekend. You knocked out some of that housework you’d been meaning to get to, spent some time with family and/or friends, or maybe you just sat back, relaxed, and binged watched your favorite shows. Whatever you did, it was enjoyable, but as Sunday starts to come to a close you can help but feel anxious. Your heart rate increases, you start sweating, you can’t concentrate, and getting to sleep is nearly impossible. You dread the work week ahead and have no idea what to do about it.
First of all, you should know that lots of people suffer from Sunday anxieties and Monday blues. Since work is a common source of stress (particularly for those who don’t like where they work), the idea of going back to it for the next five days can be overwhelming. Just thinking about the office can keep you up at night and throw you off your A game. Getting through it won’t happen in an instant, but there are some things you can do to reduce the anxiety or depression you feel at the start of the week.
- Plan a Stress-Free Weekend – when the weekend arrives it is imperative that you enjoy this time. Don’t spend too much of it focused on work or things that stress you out and get you down. Try to make the most of it so that you feel more at ease when it’s time to head to work.
- Try Edibles – edibles are becoming an increasingly popular way for individuals to indulge in cannabis. There are chemical components such as CBD that has been proven to have the ability to reduce symptoms of anxiety by boosting your mood and helping you to feel relaxed and at ease. Enjoying one of these on a Sunday night will certainly help you unwind before your week starts the next day. Just be sure that you chose your edibles wisely and do your homework on the side effects of cbd edibles to make sure they won’t cause you any problems. The good news is, however, that unlike THC (a chemical compound in marijuana), CBD is non-psychoactive meaning it won’t get you high. If you work in a place of business where the use of certain substances can get you in trouble, you may be wondering do tests show cbd? The answer is no. As most drug tests are designed to check for THC, chances are you won’t get flagged or fired for indulging in a CBD edible.
- Meditation – Another way to ward off anxiety and/or the blues is to meditate. Through methodic breathing in a serene environment, you can let go of the negative energy and feelings you’re experiencing and replace it with a more positive vibe. Meditating at least 5-10 minutes before starting your day could be all you need to be in a better mindset about the work ahead.
- Jam to Some Tunes – This may sound strange, but what better way to alter your mood than to turn on some music. Music can be very therapeutic and help to put you in better spirits. As you get ready for your work day, drown out your sorrows with some upbeat and/or positive music.
- Eat a Good Breakfast – Breakfast is the most commonly skipped meal for adults but is essentially one of the most important. Your mind and your body use food as fuel to function efficiently. When you’re headed to work on an empty stomach, chances are you’re going to be in a bad mood as well. On any given day you might grab a cup of coffee, a breakfast bar, or a yogurt and run out the door, but on Mondays try to treat yourself with a nice breakfast. Get up earlier than usual and fix something you enjoy. If you have a significant other or children, this would be a great way to spend some quality time with them at the start of the week.
Everyone has looked at the clock on Sunday evening and wished they could do anything to turn back the hands of time. Dreading the idea of heading into work can leave you feeling anxious and depressed. You can try to ward off those negative feelings by trying the advice listed above. If after a few tries it does nothing to change your mood, you may need to dig deeper to find resolve.