Skin treatments have advanced in recent times, with the latest non-invasive treatment being the carbon laser peel. This revolutionary treatmentcombines the energy contained in a laser beam with the gentleness of carbon particles to even out skin imperfections. The treatment restores the skin’s sebum balance and promotes evenness and skin glow. The procedure is suitable for both males and females and is gentle on most skin types, with results noticed immediately. A carbon peel achieves an even skin tone by reducing pigmentation, tightening enlarged skin pores, reducing acne, stimulating the production of skin collagen, and improving any skin texture irregularities. Read on to learn more about the carbon laser peel.
How the Carbon Laser Peel Works
The carbon peel process is non-invasive and begins with the application of a thin carbon layer on the treatment area. The carbon is left for a few minutes to allow for its penetration into the pores. The laser beam is then focused on the skin to reach deep into the dermis and stimulate cell regeneration and reduce inflammation. The carbon layer applied on the surface absorbs the laser beam, toxins and excess oils. The energy from the laser beam also explodes the carbon particles, removing the dead skin that clogs the inner walls of the pores. The removal of the dead skin clears the complexion and unclogs the pores, allowing them to tighten. The vacuum suction generated aids in the removal of the particles carrying the dead skin.
The thermal energy produced triggers the production of collagen and new skin. The result is the increased growth rate of connective tissue, resulting in skin exfoliation by the carbon particles. The carbon peel treatment is often used to treat acne, melisma and scar tissue. The process does not cause discomfort or pain other than a prickling sensation. Due to being non-invasive, carbon peel treatmentsaresuitable for difficult treatment areas such as the nose.
The advantage of carbon laser peel therapy is that it comes with no associated downtime. As such, you can go back to work immediately after the procedure. Improvements to your skin are visible immediately after the first session. However, it’s important to note that the number of courses required will depend on the desired outcome and the skin condition being treated. After each treatment session, you should:
- Avoid sunbathing for the next seven days
- Ensure you use a moisturiser and apply sunscreen regularly
- Maintain hydration
Carbon laser peel treatment has a number of proven benefits, including:
- Cleansing–Having a carbon peel done cleanses the skin and absorbs contaminants, leaving it fresher and brighter.
- Skin Rejuvenation− Carbon laser peels stimulate the production of collagen, which reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It also leaves skin glowing and feeling tighter.
- Skin Exfoliation − The treatment blasts dead skin cells, leaving skin softer and more radiant.
- Reduces acne and reduces oil production − The procedure reduces the bacteria that causes acne. The glands responsible for oil production also shrink, resulting in less oil production.