As a dog owner, hearing the word “tumor” or “cancer” from the vet is a nightmare. However, it’s not bad most of the times. Most of the tumors are benign and don’t spread or affect your pooch’s body negatively. Even those that do can be treated completely or with the use of the latest medicines like cbd for dogs.
One of those medicines that can cure tumors is CBD which is a compound that can be found in hemp or cannabis plants. Today, you can find CBD hemp oil for dogs that can help your pooch in more than one way. If in any case, your dog is suffering from a tumor, here’s how CBD can be of help:
The types of cancers that affect dogs
- Mast cell tumors – This is a type of skin cancer that commonly affect
- Lipomas – This is a very common tumor in dogs and is found under the skin which is caused due to abnormal growth of fatty tissues.
- Osteosarcoma – It’s a type of bone cancer that generally affect the leg bones in dogs.
- Histiocytoma – This is another type of tumor that effects that skin cells known as histiocytes.
- Hemangiosarcoma – A tumor that affects the cells in the linings of blood vessels.
- Melanoma – Tumor that affects the pigmented skin cells, like in humans.
- Lymphoma – This is a tumor that forms in the lymph nodes.
- Papilloma – These grow around a dog’s mouth and eyes.
Symptoms of tumors in dogs
Here is a list of symptoms that your dog might show when there is a tumor growing inside its body.
- Sometimes, you will see noticeable growths that can be a sign of cancer.
- While some tumors don’t have any noticeable symptoms and are harder to determine, but they can affect the gastrointestinal tract of your dog leading to constipation or diarrhea.
Other common symptoms of cancer include
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Sores that don’t heal
- Coughing or difficulty breathing.
Can CBD help in treating tumors?
CBD has some properties that are known to treat cancer in both humans and dogs. It helps your pet deal with the symptoms associated with cancer while making sure that there are no side effects of chemotherapy and other treatments. Also, CBD is studied to help in effectively slowing down or stopping the growth and the spread of the tumor.
CBD helps your dog deal with the symptoms related to tumors
Most of the malignant tumors in dogs include basic symptoms, like nausea, lack of appetite, lethargy, and pain. Studies say that CBD can help your dog deal with most of these above symptoms. This might be because it positively affects the endocannabinoid system. It ensures that all the necessary functions of the body work properly, therefore making your pooch feel better.
CBD slows down the tumor growth and limits it from spreading
Research has shown that CBD can efficiently slow down the growth of tumor cells. One of the main ways in which CBD does this is by delaying angiogenesis in the tumor cells. Angiogenesis is the process of making new blood vessels. So, once there are no new blood cells in the body, the tumor stops growing and spreading to other parts of the body.
Using CBD for your dog
It’s obvious for most dog owners to be nervous when advised to administer CBD to your furry friend. However, you must know that CBD is completely safe for your dog. Also, CBD does not contain THC, which is responsible for the “high” that you get after consuming it.