Back pain has become a common lifestyle problem these days. There can be many reasons for back pain such as cancer or other severe health problems. But neck and back pain due to changed lifestyle and sitting in a bad posture for too long is increasing.
However, with these simple lower back pain exercises you can relieve back pain and strengthen your back muscles to prevent future injuries.
This is among the best back strengthening exercises. With this exercise, you can improve the strength and flexibility of the buttock muscles, which are responsible for hip movement.
- Lie on your mat and keep your feet flat and hip-width apart.
- Keep your hands by your sides and press your feet into the floor.
- Keep your shoulders on the floor and lift your buttocks until your body is in a straight line. Keep your shoulders on the floor.
- Stay in the position for a few seconds.
- Repeat the pose 15 times.
Practicing this exercise will help you strengthen your back extensors that support your spine and help you maintain an upright position.
- Lie face down on the mat while keeping your legs straight and arms stretched out in front of you.
- Lift both your arms and legs off the ground at the same time.
- Form a bowl shape with your body while keeping your abdomen and torso on the floor.
- Hold the position for a few minutes.
- Partial Curls
Strong abdominal muscles play an important role in supporting your spine. This is among the significant exercises for lower back pain that help improve core strength and stability of your back.
- Lie on your mat with your feet flat bent in your knees.
- Keep your hands crossed over your chest.
- Take a deep breath. When you exhale, pull your belly button in and brace your abdominal muscles.
- Slowly lift off your shoulders and try to keep your neck in line with your spine.
- Stay in this position for a few minutes and slowly return to the starting position.
- Drawing-in maneuver
This exercise helps strengthen the muscles that help support your abdomen and spine. This will further help you stabilize your spinal joints and prevent injury during physical movement.
- Lie on your mat and keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Keep your hands relaxed by your sides.
- Take a deep breath. Breathe out and pull your belly in toward your spine.
- Try to engage your abdominal muscles while keeping your hips in place.
- Stay in this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
Start practicing these simple exercises for lower back pain in your daily routine and get the benefits of strengthening your back to relieve back pain and prevent future injuries. Also, in the market nowadays there are few medicated pain non-sticky & long lasting pain relieving gels which can be applied to get quick relief from back pain problems.